Client Services Coordinator (Medicaid)
181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
Provide support and perform duties as an integral member of the Client Services team. This includes cross-training in all aspects of Client Services. Participate in advancing the goals and mission of Comprehensive Nutrition Care (CNC) and Open Hand Atlanta.
JOB SKILLS, RESPONSIBILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
1. Client Processing – Process client intakes for Medicaid Waiver clients, obtain eligibility determination, determine patient profile; verify delivery directions for each client; Answer phones, address client issues on a timely basis, make delivery changes; Interface daily with other departments to resolve various client problems and concerns.
2. Medicaid Compliance – Includes timely processing of all necessary paperwork that documents clients’ referral status; Maintain Medicaid client files and all paperwork associated with the Medicaid programs to meet all audit and programmatic requirements for Medicaid standards; Update database to reflect current client information; Interface with various referring agencies to obtain documentation.
3. Collaboration with Intake Coordinator – Coordinate the day-to-day activities with the Site Visit Coordinator and provide support as needed, including in-home intakes and assessments as needed; Maintain daily contact to coordinate Medicaid client issues and problem resolution; Assist with monthly reporting activities of the Intake Coordinator.
4. Medicaid Contact Person – Lead contact for Medicaid Waiver programs; Provide DIG feedback to case managers as it relates to changes and client delivery, provide feedback as it relates to CNC goals and outcomes and progress towards nutrition education targets; Attend Provider meetings; Interface with case managers to ensure continuity of services.
5. Cross Training and Intradepartmental Backup – Assist other department staff as needed to include processing intakes for all programs as needed.
6. Outreach – Represent Open Hand Atlanta at various community resources; assist manager in providing community education about OHA services.
7. Volunteering/working with volunteers – Participate in meal prep or delivery of routes as needed to cover volunteer shortages. Work with volunteers on administrative tasks.
8. Report Writing – Write programmatic reports as requested by Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and acceptable math and reading skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to communicate to all staff and volunteers appropriately.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Industry Certification: Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist or Certified Medical Billing Professional
Employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and to stand for long periods of time. The job requires repetitive and continuous intensive physical labor
Compensation is based on an hourly rate: position is non-exempt
Applicants who are interested can submit their resume to HR@openhandatlanta.org for consideration.
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.