181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
- 40 hrs/week
- $11 to $14 hourly
This is a shared inventory control and cook position. As inventory control clerk, responsibilities include staging inventory for culinary and packaging production, returning inventory to stock, maintaining accurate inventory records and researching any discrepancies. As cook, this position will be expected to participate in all aspects of the preparation of food including using exact measurements and cooking techniques as required by standardized recipes. Responsible for ensuring proper food safety and sanitation measures are maintained in all areas of job responsibility.
JOB SKILLS, RESPONSIBILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Adheres to all Open Hand safety guidelines, rules and regulations, company policy manual, code of conduct, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and attendance policy.
- Routinely goes above the call of duty to ensure Open Hand’s mission is met daily, and takes actions that are in the best interest of Open Hand
- Believes in the mission of Open Hand and advocates on behalf of Open Hand.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner and communicates status.
- Maintains positive working relationship with all staff, customers, volunteers, and stakeholders of open Hand; respectfully cares for all Open Hand equipment and property.
- Empowers themselves and others to take ownership of issues/complications that may arise and take action to see that the issue/complication is resolved.
- Maintains a professional appearance and wears appropriate clothing and shoes at all times
- Responsible for working scheduled hours and to be on time for all shifts, strictly follows all policies and is a great influence to others.
- Responds positively to instruction.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently to meet needs of the department.
- Will be required to consistently weigh ingredients with utmost precision. Executes exact measurements, weights, and methods specified by requisition sheets when portioning inventory for culinary and packaging production, and by recipes when preparing food.
- Assists with maintaining inventory and food records conforming to federal/state and departmental guidelines, and complies with all health and sanitation regulations. Completes HACCP logs as prescribed in HACCP log including temperature requirements, taste panel, and corrective action guidelines.
- Ensures all food is cooked to the proper ServSafe temperature guidelines and is not overcooked or undercooked.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Labeling of ingredients from bulk into pre-determined units.
- Responsible for consolidating all food products as needed on speed racks and food storage containers to specifically use as little space as possible.
- Ensures all food product is trimmed and cleaned properly in the most cost effective manner.
- Will be required to consistently produce the highest quality recipes. Takes pride in completing all recipes perfectly and gaining a perfect score in daily product review.
- Responsible for any other cooking tasks as directed including but not limited to caterings, emergency food production, and breakfast, lunch, or dinner parties.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of ALL culinary equipment, small wares, and areas including coolers, freezers, hallways and pass through, and maintaining a safe and clean work environment and uses equipment only as intended.
- Works with management to devise new ways to ensure efficiency.
- Effectively seeks solutions to standard issues that may arise during their shift.
- Works towards Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).
- Assist with any other assignments as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Start of job will be dependent on a satisfactory criminal background check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and acceptable reading skills.
2-year degree from an Accredited University in Culinary Arts preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to communicate to all staff and volunteers appropriately.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to pass Servsafe Certification class and exam to become Servsafe Certified.
Employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and to stand for long periods of time. The job requires repetitive and continuous intensive physical labor.
Compensation is based on an hourly salary: position is non-exempt
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.