Data Entry Clerk
181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
- 40 hrs/week
The Data Entry Clerk will provide support and perform duties as an integral member of the Client Services team. Responsibilities include data entry into the Ryan White CAREWare tracking system, support and management of documentation related to Comprehensive Nutrition Care (CNC) intake and outcome measurements and cross-training in all aspects of Client Services to offer support as needed. Non-exempt, hourly position.
JOB SKILLS, RESPONSIBILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Data entry keying in accordance with Ryan White format entries
- Obtain necessary paperwork to support grant requirements on a timely basis
- Update database to reflect current client information
- Compares data entered with source documents to detect errors
- Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data
- Interface with various referring agencies to obtain documentation
- Assist with tracking, verifying and inputting Ryan White database into client database
- Input and manage data related to CNC and its intake and outcome components
- Provide data entry support, filing, and support duties as an integral member of the Client Services team.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management
- Maintain positive relationships with diverse partner agencies
- Maintain and audit Ryan White/HOPWA client files and all paperwork associated with HIV/AIDS programs for compliance.
- Coordinate mailings, and ensure proper placement of received mail
- Answer phone calls and assist with the daily operation of the Client Services department
- Assist with conducting Client Advisory Board meetings
- Participate in delivering of routes as needed.
- Assist Senior Director of Client Services and Client Services Manager with various projects as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- At least one year verifiable experience Data Entry clerk or equivalent in an office environment
- Ability to perform simple math calculations as it applies to program reporting.
- Ability to solve practical problems and transfer current knowledge to new situations.
- Ability to enter data into a relational database, and utilize Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Wrist-Finger Speed—the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Written comprehension—the ability to understand and format written correspondence
- Near vision—The ability to see details at close range
- Individual must be able to multi-task and work as part of a cohesive team
- Individual must be able to handle high volume of client filing, paperwork assignments, and extremely repetitive activities
- Ability to communicate effectively with other professionals, clients, and customers utilizing acceptable English grammar standards
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), some college preferred. Acceptable reading and writing skills. At least one year verifiable experience Data Entry clerk or equivalent in an office environment.
**Must include cover letter**
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.