Director of Human Resources
181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
The Director of Human Resources will support the organization and its 130 employees by administering all human resource functions, including recruitment and retention, orientation and training, the hiring/termination process, employee relations, performance strategy and metrics, and H/R records management.
- Refine, implement, and manage Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, including updating the employee handbook as needed.
- Provide comprehensive oversight, planning and management of the Human Resources functions of Open Hand Atlanta, Inc. while pursuing the organization’s core values and strategic commitment to attract, retain, advance and support a broadly diverse workforce that thrives in a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace culture.
- Support the Leadership team by managing the new hire/termination process
- Uphold Open Hand’s commitment to incorporate the principles that define The Turknett Group’s Leadership Character Model into the culture of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with Open Hand’s Volunteers Services team and other departments to develop and implement strategies to help recruit, retain and inspire the 20,000+ annual volunteers who represent an important part of the organization’s workforce.
- Support the organization’s internal communications strategies, including the coordination of “all staff” meetings annually as well as oversight of H/R related forms and content on the organization’s electronic media.
- Support the ED and COO in developing recruitment and retention strategies, including developing an overall compensation management strategy and standard performance metrics.
- Oversee the HR records management and retention process, including coordination with external 3rd party payroll and benefit administrators, maintaining rosters for government compliance/reporting, and assisting internal payroll staff with documentation as needed.
- Support the organization by coordinating on-going coaching and training regarding hiring practices, corrective action, discrimination and sexual harassment, professional development, diversity awareness, supervision and any other training as needed.
- Monitor and enforce legal processes, internal processes and benefits such as FMLA, workers compensation, HIPAA, OSHA, EEO-1, and AAP (Affirmative Action Plan)
- Facilitate workers compensation reporting and claim documentation
- Maintain Drug Free Workplace requirements
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management required; MBA with a concentration in Human Resources Management preferred.
- At least five years of direct HR management experience
- Experience or working knowledge in managing a broad base of HR disciplines
- Proven knowledge of human resource laws (i.e. EEOC guidelines, FLSA, ADA, and FMLA)
Skills and Characteristics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with Open Hand leadership, staff and volunteers to accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to perform job with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to solve complex problems and transfer current knowledge to new and varying situations
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Sound experience in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage HR forms/content on intranet site
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of individuals & groups
- Ability to develop and conduct effective staff and manager training
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Flexible, positive team player
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.