181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
The executive assistant will perform essential administrative duties to support the Executive Director and the Chief Operating Officer of Open Hand Atlanta.
JOB SKILLS, RESPONSIBILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS
Support the Executive Director and COO of Open Hand Atlanta:
- Act as liaison to clients, constituents, staff, and Board of Directors
- Maintain and manage Executive Director’s and COO’s appointment calendar up to and including scheduling meetings, travel dates, lunches and dinners.
- Prepare, manage, and maintain Executive Director’s and COO’s expense reports and files.
- Schedule Leadership Team and Senior Director monthly meetings and prepare agendas. Attend Leadership Team meetings to record key decisions and action items. Distribute action items to Leadership Team post meeting.
- Coordinate with Board of Director’s respective office staff to avoid scheduling conflicts when confirming Executive Director’s availability.
- Assist Executive Director in fundraising activities with Board Members and major donors to the organization.
- Assist Executive Director with hosted dinners and cultivation events.
- Reserve meeting rooms, provide refreshments for meetings and provide general clerical support.
- Maintain and manage collaborative, associates, partnerships and administrative files.
- Compose, prepare and maintain correspondence involving complex and non-routine matters as instructed by the Executive Director and COO.
- Note commitments made by Executive Director (ED) through telephone and personal contacts when ED is unavailable.
- Liaise with key principals to coordinate special projects as directed by Executive Director or COO.
- Maintain Board Member Communication
- Make all arrangements for Board of Directors’ meetings; prepare meeting agenda.
- Create and prepare minutes from Board of Directors’ (BOD) meeting on behalf of the Board Secretary as may be reviewed and approved by the Board President and Executive Director. Manage BOD-related minutes and its official communication records.
- Communicate updates via e-mail to Board.
- Schedule and organize Board Orientation sessions with key staff members and new Board members.
- Notify new Board members of their election to the board and responsibilities as a member of the Board of Directors.
- Record and maintain current Board of Director’s list, terms of service and new Board Member Manual.
- Make arrangements for the Annual Board of Directors retreat including location, seating, refreshments and other logistics.
- Complete other job-related duties that are within the defined scope of this job description as defined by Executive Director and COO.
The employee is regularly required to sit at a computer, answer the telephone, use hands and arms to write, file, and perform other office duties. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, and lift and/or move 30 pounds. The employee must be able to talk, hear, and see. A valid driver’s license and own transportation is required.
Ability to communicate effectively with other professionals and clients, utilizing acceptable English grammar standards. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to the public.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / REGISTRATION
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.