181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
- 40 hours/wk
- $11 per hour
The kitchen steward is responsible for cleaning and sanitation of the kitchen.
Great benefits after 60 days!
May include any or all of the following:
- Clean all dishes, pots, pans, utensils, speed racks and other items to facilitate food service operation
- Clean up spilled food, drink, broken dishes, and remove all trash and cardboard
- Maintain kitchen floor with regular sweeping and mopping.
- Assist Executive Chef in maintaining sanitation of kitchen equipment such as skillets, kettles, combi ovens, chillers etc.
- Ensure proper placement of small wares
- Maintain organized mop room/janitorial supply room
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of kitchen sink area as well as dish washing machine
- Regular sweeping of parking lot area when needed
- Ensure that all hand sink soap and towel dispensers are fully stocked and in working condition
- Assist PM supervisor in closing of kitchen facility
- Ensure enough clean linens including towels and aprons are laundered and meeting daily requirements
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
This is a task-oriented job. Hours vary depending on work load and circumstances. You are required to work until job is complete. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and acceptable reading skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to communicate to all staff and volunteers appropriately.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Background check & drug screen required.
Employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and to stand for long periods of time. The job requires repetitive and continuous intensive physical labor.
Compensation is based on an hourly salary: position is non-exempt
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.