Manager of Community Partnerships
181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
The Manager of Community Partnerships is responsible for developing and managing Open Hand’s strategic partnerships and collaborations. This is a key communications and quality management position responsible for ensuring customer and client satisfaction. The individual will develop and implement an annual plan in cooperation with senior management that supports the organization’s annual growth and strategic objectives. Must have superior diplomatic and negotiation skills, problem-solving capabilities, and solid understanding of what builds and sustains successful business relationships. Must be able to work successfully with diverse communities and groups. Must build relationships with a broad array of community, healthcare industry and not-for-profit leaders. Must have the persuasive capability to build support for an innovative approach to service provision. Passion and enthusiasm for a teamwork approach to problem solving and ability to work and make decisions independently are all essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all community partnerships and collaborative program initiatives.
- Organizes community stakeholders and resources to identify proactive and effective solutions.
- Establish meaningful and productive partnerships with nonprofits, schools, churches, and government agencies that will increase the need for Open Hand meals and services.
- Responsible for linking clients to: In house and Partnering Nutrition Programs; snap benefits; referrals to housing agencies, as needed; and other Support Services by identifying providers of services or need based resources.
- Communicate with outside agencies and facilities to ensure services are being offered and provided per referral.
- Serves as an Ambassador in the community and monitors public health landscape for opportunities to connect Open Hand and Good Measure Meals with those agencies that can utilize our services on a contractual basis.
- Support the building of OHs relationships with legislators and elected officials at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Organizes, attends, and facilitates meetings and special events with key community stakeholders designed to develop, implement, and evaluate collaborative programs.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Director on the strategic vision for communications, including goals and milestones and outcomes.
- Proactively facilitates ongoing communication with Open Hand and all Community Partnerships program partners.
- Creates and monitors communication strategies to effectively disseminate specific program successes and opportunities internally and externally.
Supervise interns as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters preferred.
- Five years of experience organizing and managing programs.
- Exhibit a strong management style with excellent team building skills.
- Must have the ability to foster and encourage collaboration.
- Progressive experience and demonstrated leadership in building solid relationships in the healthcare sector including relationships with primary healthcare providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must have flexible schedule, some evenings and weekends required.
- Computer skills including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and Internet research.
- Familiarity with creating and adhering to budgets.
- Ability to support grant proposals and reports.
- Highly motivated and independent worker
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and function well under pressure.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Open Hand is a drug free and substance abuse free work environment. Random drug testing may be conducted by an external, neutral tester on all employees. Any perceived use of drugs or reporting to work under the influence of alcohol may be grounds for immediate dismissal.
Open Hand is committed to sponsoring a comprehensive benefits program for all eligible employees. In addition to receiving an equitable salary and having an equal opportunity for professional development and advancement, you may be eligible to enjoy the following benefits which will enhance your job satisfaction:
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Legal Shield/Identity Theft Protection
Open Hand is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Open Hand complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.
Open Hand Atlanta is committed to employment equity and invites resumes from all qualified applicants to be sent to HR@openhandatlanta.org.
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.