Meal Plan Picker
181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
- 40 hours/wk
- $11 per hour
The Meal Picker is expected to participate in all aspects of the food packaging processes as needed and comply with Open Hand’s food safety, sanitation, and HACCP plan.
APPROXIMATE WORK HOURS
Meal Picker afternoon shift: 3pm – finish, 5 days per week (in refrigeration – wear coat & hat) Wed & Sun biggest production days
BACKGROUND CHECK & DRUG SCREEN REQUIRED
JOB SKILLS, RESPONSIBILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Arrives to work on time
- Attends all GMM Sort/Route meetings and is on time
- Assist with setting up packing line
- Ensure ALL GM PLANS are in good condition, including meals, snacks, and sides
- Ensure accurate packing of ALL GM PLANS, including meals, snacks, and sides
- Assist in gathering all components necessary to complete bagging of snacks and sides
- Assist in pulling of meal packing bags (from designated bag area)
- Ensure bags are accurately labeled and in good shape
- Ensure all completed meal plans are properly labeled and routed
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing of work area
- Return all required paperwork to appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Counts product to eliminate shorting deliveries
- Takes pride in having no packing errors
- Adheres to all Open Hand safety guidelines, rules and regulations, company policy manual, code of conduct and attendance policy.
- Completes and turns in all assigned paperwork to designated areas upon return to Open Hand
- Takes actions that are in the best interest of Open Hand (safety, cleanliness, orderliness, tidiness, organization)
- Responds positively to instruction
- Displays great respect to all staff, customers, volunteers and stakeholders of Open Hand; respectfully cares for all Open Hand equipment and property
- Completes tasks/projects in a timely manner and communicates status
- Consistently maintains a positive outlook and approach to work
- Utilizes leave and related employee benefits in the manner for which they were intended
- Believes in the mission of Open Hand and advocates on behalf of Open Hand
- GMP in appropriate areas
This is a task-oriented job. Hours vary depending on work load and circumstances. You are required to work until job is complete. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and acceptable reading skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to communicate to all staff and volunteers appropriately.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Background check & drug screen required.
Employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and to stand for long periods of time. The job requires repetitive and continuous intensive physical labor.
Compensation is based on an hourly salary: position is non-exempt
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.