181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
The Meal Picker is expected to participate in all aspects of the food packaging processes as needed and comply with Open Hand’s food safety, sanitation, and HACCP plan.
JOB SKILLS, RESPONSIBILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Current medical coding including Medicaid/Medicare billing processes, 3rd party insurance platforms and medical billing forms.
- 3-5 full years of direct, verifiable experience in medical claims processing and managed care collections experience, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Maintain a customer-service approach when dealing with all claims, vendors and all levels of management.
- Current on ICD-10 coding
- Follow up and manage denied claims and delinquent claims, track progress toward collection goals.
- Experience developing Medicare claims billing procedures and office policy procedures
- Establish and be jointly responsible for assuring organization adherences to appropriate billing practices, policies and procedures, and all applicable federal and state laws, including Medicare and Medicaid billing guidelines
- Lead the process for processing/billing/collection of medical claims. As part of this process, jointly works with clinical staff or external 3rd parties to obtain billing documentation, insurance information, etc. as needed to accurately process claims
- Maintain working knowledge of current medical coding terminology, status of Medicare, HIPPA, Affordable Care Act, and Health Administration regulations, as is applicable to Open Hand-specific medical services and program delivery
- 3 – 5 years of direct, verifiable experience in medical claims processing and managed care collections experience, including Medicare and Medicaid
- Proficient use of 10-key machine
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and tasks
- Excellent time management, critical thinking, and verbal skills
- Strong ethics, an adherence to HIPPA and confidentiality of client health information are required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and acceptable math and reading skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to communicate to all staff and volunteers appropriately.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Industry Certification: Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist or Certified Medical Billing Professional
Employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and to stand for long periods of time. The job requires repetitive and continuous intensive physical labor
Compensation is based on an hourly rate: position is non-exempt
Applicants who are interested can submit their resume to HR@openhandatlanta.org for consideration.
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.