Full-time & Part-time Meal Delivery Drivers
181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Part Time
- 20-29 hrs/week
Utilizing your own vehicle, deliver meals safely, undamaged, and accurately to designated locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliveries must be made maintaining all established safety standards, adhering to posted driving guidelines, and possessing a clean driving record.
- Handle meal packs carefully to prevent damage to meals such as breaking seals or cracking the containers
Communicate in a friendly and professional manner when interacting with customers and employees at our pick up location partners
- Notify Distribution Management of anything out of the ordinary (customer complaint, faulty equipment, confrontation…)
- Always follow the delivery schedule to ensure on time delivery of all meal plans to each pick up location customer expectations are always met.
- Ensure that the correct meals are delivered to the correct location and return all manifests for unclaimed meals left at each location
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including driving on all types of roads and expressways. The requirements in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Driving tests, both written and driving, may be administered. Employment is based on successfully passing a drug test. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uncomplicated written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problem situations in a professional manner
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid automobile driver license and insurance are required at all times
Must have the ability to lift 50lbs regularly and repetitively
This position reports to Assistant Routing Manager of Distribution
Black or khaki slacks/shorts and an Open Hand shirt.
Since we are engaged in handling a food product, employees should not smoke at any time around the food, in the vehicles, or while delivering the meals
- Clean driving record
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Your own vehicle (use of personal vehicle)
- Vehicle Insurance
- PT Temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent
- Must have flexibility with days available to work
- Post offer: must successfully pass a drug test & background check.
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.