Donor Relations Coordinator
181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
The Donor Relations Coordinator (DRC) is vital to the success of Open Hand’s Annual Fundraising efforts. He/she will be responsible for assisting in the execution of engagement strategies outlined in the Open Hand Development Plan. In this role, the DRC will help meet annual departmental goals for philanthropic giving via multiple channels, including direct mail and electronic appeals, tailored personal communications and special event support. This position also works closely with the Development Database Administrator to ensure the proper and timely acknowledgement of any and all gifts.
NATURE & SCOPE
The right candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and will be an extremely organized individual with the highest level of attention for detail. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, and be able to start and resume work on projects as priorities change. This position requires a team-oriented approach and an understanding of the dynamic of working with multiple members of the team to achieve common organizational goals. Attendance is required at events that sometimes take place outside the office and normal business hours.
Familiarity with non-profit mission messaging and fundraising and/or customer service and sales are preferred. Tenacity, integrity, honesty, ethics, creativity, proactive thinking, and a strong sense of curiosity are helpful characteristics. Someone who is a self-starter and can independently assess and determine priority will do well in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate day-to-day activities and manage all correspondence for the Annual Fund including, but not limited to, direct mail, email marketing, tailored/personal communications, social media and preparations for donor solicitation as assigned by the Director of Development.
• Monitor social media channels and create compelling social media content.
• Work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Resource Development & Marketing, Director of Development, and Donor Relations Manager to help develop creative concepts and calls to action for collateral/marketing materials, newsletter stories, web content, and email content.
• Work closely with the Director of Development, Donor Relations Manager, and Database Administrator to ensure efficient, accurate, and consistent donor stewardship.
• Manage the Open Hand CORE monthly giving campaign, including the development of year-to-year strategies associated with increasing participation and annual pledge amounts in additional to stewardship efforts.
• Work with Database Administrator, Comptroller and Donor Relations Manager to administer the Open Hand employee giving campaign.
• Oversee continued development of the Open Hand Society (OHS), including the recruitment of new members and development of member retention strategies, serving as the Open Hand point of contact for OHS leadership.
• Work with Database Administrator to prepare, edit, and send donor acknowledgment letters.
• Manage birthday, honor, and memory card process.
• Maintain an effective and organized filing system of materials related to all department activities and collateral materials and oversee regular inventory of collateral materials.
• Assist in planning/executing Open Hand community and internal events, as well as support involvement with third-party events that benefit Open Hand, as needed.
• Assist the Development Database Administrator with record research and maintenance in the Giveffect database as needed.
• Assist with special projects assigned by the Senior Director of Marketing and Resource Development and the Director of Development.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or related experience
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required
• Experience using a donor management system preferred
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.