Donor & Corporate Relations Manager
181 Armour Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Full Time
The Donor & Corporate Relations Manager (DCRM) is vital to the success of Open Hand’s Annual Fundraising efforts. He/she will be responsible for executing the engagement strategies outlined in the Open Hand Development Plan. In this role, the DCRM will help the department meet annual goals for individual, corporate and faith-based giving via multiple channels, including direct mail and electronic appeals, tailored personal communications and special events. S/he will be responsible for building and managing a personal portfolio of active “middle” donors as well as corporate donors/prospects, and will work in collaboration with the Resource Development Team to help elevate targeted individual mid-level donors to Major Donors. This position will also oversee the relationship between Resource Development and Volunteer Services to ensure the ongoing flow of communication. This position also works very closely with the Development Database Administrator to ensure the proper and timely acknowledgement of any and all gifts.
NATURE & SCOPE
The nature of the individual in the DCRM position is analytical, strategic and personable. The right candidate is a skilled writer and communicator, is able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and is able to create and adhere to timelines and meet critical deadlines. Applicants should present themselves professionally and should be comfortable talking about the programs and services of Open Hand with donors and persons of influence in the community. Attention to detail and the ability to write persuasively are very important. Attendance is required at events that sometimes take place outside the office and normal business hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Identify, cultivate and solicit donors
• Have an understanding of the current philanthropic landscape and a strategy to acquire new Annual Fund donors, increase their level of engagement with the organization, and ultimately their level of giving.
• Assist the Donor Relations Coordinator with the day-to-day activities of the Annual Fund including, but not limited to direct mail, email marketing, tailored/personal communications, social media and preparations for donor solicitation as assigned by the Director of Development.
• Work in concert with Resource Development and Volunteer Services departments to help extend Open Hand’s presence in the community and deepen the level of engagement with corporate, faith and civic volunteer groups.
• Work closely with the Senior Director of Resource Development and Director of Development to assess the level of engagement with current corporate relationships, prioritize those relationships, and develop proactive engagement strategies for those that can bring the highest value to the organization. In addition, the DCRM will help identify new corporate prospects, communicate the value of partnership with Open Hand, and help craft tailored engagement opportunities for volunteer experiences and/or sponsorships in addition to employee giving, matching gifts, and encourage inter-office fundraising.
• Work with the Director of Development and the Senior Director of Marketing and Resource Development to implement and manage cause-marketing efforts and, when appropriate, crowd-funding projects or other social media initiatives that support corporate and/or individual giving.
• Spearhead efforts to integrate Volunteer Services department in development strategies to deepen engagement with volunteers and ultimately convert them to donors
• Work collaboratively with Volunteer Services and program staff to develop and implement a corporate and faith partnership strategy that will lead to financial and in-kind support.
• Develop and execute corporate partnership proposals and faith outreach efforts that will yield funding.
Retain existing donors and re-engage lapsed donors
• Assist with management of correspondence for the Annual Fund, and work closely with the Director of Development, Donor Relations Coordinator and Database Administrator to ensure efficient, accurate, and consistent donor stewardship.
• The Donor & Corporate Relations Manager will work with the Community Events team to assist in the coordination and planning of successful donor cultivation and appreciation events such as Open Hand’s two signature events, Dining Out for Life and Party in the Kitchen, as well as other events for donors throughout the year.
• Collaborate with Director of Development to create and update timeline and work plans for effective donor relations, including donor receptions, donor appeals, and donor interactions with the organization.
• Maintain accurate records and keep Director of Development apprised of all related interactions with major donors, partners, corporations and primary stakeholders (Board Members, Advisory Board Members).
• Oversee Lapsed Donor Appeal and other high-level appeals and communications as needed.
• Be responsible for working with the Development Database Administrator to ensure that donor records are properly maintained and updated in Giveffect.
• Work with Database Administrator, Comptroller and Donor Relations Coordinator to manage the Open Hand employee giving campaign.
Support marketing and communications efforts, including social media
• Work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Resource Development & Marketing, Director of Development, and Donor Relations Coordinator to develop creative concepts and calls to action for collateral/marketing materials, newsletter stories, web content, and email content.
• Work with Senior Director of Resource Development & Marketing and Donor Relations Coordinator to manage and effectively leverage all social media channels for Open Hand.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in related field or related experience.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising is required. Skills in Microsoft Office Suite as well as knowledge and experience in one or more donor management systems is required.
Competencies: The position calls for a person who presents themselves with the highest degree of professionalism, is highly organized and is capable of handling a variety of tasks simultaneously. Written and verbal communication skills should be polished. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage the ebb and flow of projects as priorities change, and always with an eye for detail and accuracy. This position requires a team-oriented person who understands the dynamic of working with a management team and Board Members to achieve organization goals. Tenacity, ethics, creativity, and a strong sense of curiosity are helpful characteristics.
Other: Open Hand encourages an environment of evaluation and continual quality improvement and as such priorities change often and quickly. The organization values a passion for winning through trust, transparent leadership, and a commitment to diversity. All decisions are guided by the organization’s purpose, with a commitment to community, and a mutual respect for each individual’s contribution to the fulfillment of the Open Hand’s mission. The person in this position will have access to information that is confidential and is required to keep this information confidential.
Working with Open Hand Atlanta
Open Hand is one of the largest community-based providers of home-delivered meals in the country, also providing nutrition education and counseling to help our clients better manage their health. We are dedicated to using food and nutrition as tools to empower individuals to live independently and with dignity, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
We put our mission first. We are passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
We honor our staff & volunteers as our most valuable resource. Our people-first culture is part of our DNA. Investing in our employees & volunteers ensures that our clients & customers will receive the very best care.
We pursue innovation. We pride ourselves in being resourceful, determined, bold and creative in bringing forth solutions to societal challenges.
We embrace diversity. We are collectively stronger through our inclusive environment that respects different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds.
We act with integrity. How we achieve our mission is as important as the mission itself. Truth, transparency, respect!
We pledge accountability. As individuals and as an organization, we make responsible commitments to our community and to each other. We deliver results, not empty promises.