When it comes to you and our clients, we always put safety first.
In compliance with health code regulations related to safe food handling, the following dress code is strictly enforced:
- Hairnets and beardnets, when necessary, must be worn at all times
(we provide hairnets and aprons)
- No sleeveless shirts or tops
- No open-toed shoes, sandals or flip flops
- Long pants only; no shorts
- No chewing gum
- No dangling or beaded jewelry
- Personal food and beverages are not allowed in the packaging area
- No cell phones should be used on the food packing line
Out of concern for our critically ill clients, if you have a cold, the flu, or some other contagious illness, please postpone your volunteer visit to a later date.
Open Hand will provide aprons and gloves as needed during your volunteer visit. Supervision is provided for all volunteers.
Please lock valuables up in your trunk. Our facility hosts over 125 volunteers per day and unfortunately, we cannot assume responsibility for any lost or stolen personal items.
Parking: Parking is limited. The lot next to our building fills up quickly. If full, please park on the street. Please do not park in adjacent business parking lots. Car-pooling is recommended whenever possible.